We ensure that no ragging takes place in the University campus by enforcing stringent anti-ragging measures provisions for strict punishment to defaulters.
What constitute Ragging:
- Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness on any of the student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in fresher or any other student.
- Asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or any other student.
- Teasing, embarrassing, humiliating, assaulting or using criminal force or criminal intimidation, wrongful restraining or confining or causing grievous hurt, kidnapping extortion or molesting or committing unnatural offences or causes death or abetting suicide, use criminal force, criminal trespass and intimidation.
Prohibition of Ragging
- Ragging within the University campus including its Institutions/ Departments and Hotels is strictly prohibited.
- Ragging in any form is prohibited also in the private lodges/building where these University students are staying.
- Ragging in any form is prohibited in Hostel, Mess, Canteen, Cafeteria & Transport (College & Private).
- No person including students/ staff/faculty shall participate or abet or propagate ragging in any form.
Ragging is a cognizable offence under the law and the punishment to be meted out, has to be exemplary and justifiably harsh to act as a deterrent. It may include one or more of the following:
- Cancellation of admission, suspension, rustication or expulsion from the University/ Hostel.
- FIR with the police and arrest.